1. Activated Carbon Media
Granular activated carbon
Activated Carbon (AC) is a natural material derived from bituminous coal, lignite, wood, coconut shell etc., activated by steam and other means. Carbon is very popular due to its ability to correct many water quality problems.
- Improve taste and remove odors
- Dechlorination of water
- Remove color from water
- Removal of organic substances
- Removal of synthetic organic substances
- Clear water for drinking, bathing and cooking
Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese removal
Filox-R™ media is an economical Iron and Hydrogen Sulfide filtration media that outperforms traditional Greensand and Birm.
Features & benefits:
- Superior high efficiency media for filtration and removal capabilities
- No oxidizing chemicals needed for regeneration
- High efficiency with 80% manganese dioxide for enhanced performance and capacity
- Effective, from 5.0 pH to 9.0 pH
- Highest flow rate of any standard iron removal media
3. Ion Exchange Resin
Alamo Brand A4000 Resin
This is a high purity, premium grade, prewashed, strong acid gel-type cation exchange resin specially designed for residential water treatment. A4000 is a bead type, cross-linked, polystyrene divinylbenzene resin that offers excellent bead integrity and very low extractables.
Superior filtration media
Alamo’s Micro-Z™ granular filter media outperforms conventional multimedia materials due to its unique structure, allowing particulate to penetrate deeply into the filter bed to provide superior filtration at increased flow rates.
Features and benefits
- Higher solids loading capability
- Superior filtration performance
- Reduced backwash frequency
- Removes finer particles
- Reduces pressure drop
- Provides higher flow rates
- Light weight
- Reduces shipping costs
- Easy to handle